THAMES HARE & HOUNDS 69th ALUMNI RACE 2021
Saturday 11th December 2021 at 2:30pm
The Thames Hare & Hounds Alunmni race is over 5 miles of true cross-country on Wimbledon Common. The start is at the Thames HQ in the South corner of the playing fields to the immediate East of the Robin Hood roundabout on the A3, two miles SW of Putney. There is some parking there, and spaces can be found at or around Asda nearby. Tea and cakes are served immediately after the race to lead up to, hopefully, a prompt prize giving. Many teams move on to the nearby Telegraph pub to the west of Tibbett’s Corner roundabout, on Putney Heath, which is encouraged.
You may enter a team of unlimited numbers, but they must all be genuine alumni of the School. However, a team may include one full-time current member of staf. Guest runners are welcome – whether partners, friends, parents, staff, current pupils, children, grandchildren – but cannot score as part of a team. The event is gender neutral, other than the cup for the first lady's team and for the first lady finisher.
There will be six team competitions within the race and a further three individual awards:
· The Henry VIII Trophy – an open race to be won by the team whose first four finishers have the lowest score, the winner of the race scoring 1 and so on upwards.
· The Shrewsbury Cup - for the team with the highest aggregate of their first four finishers ranked by their agerelated percentage score.
· The Old Brentwoods’ Trophy - Veterans’ 40 race, participants to be aged 40 or over on race day, with three to score.
· The Chataway Trophy - the Veterans’ 50 race, participants to be aged 50 or over on race day, with three to score.
· The Old Denstonian Trophy - the Veterans’ 60 race, participants to be aged 60 or over on race day, with three to score.
· The Jane Bubear Cup - the Veterans’ 65 race, participants to be aged 65 or over on race day, with two to score.
· The Norman Berry Cup for the individual winner, from a team of at least three finishers.
· The Old Coventrians Cup for the first individual lady to finish, also from a team of at least three finishers.
· The Wyndham Halswelle Cup for the first finisher ranked by age related time.
You can enter yourself or a team on the Open Track Website using the team code WORTH. Online registration is encouraged but late entries are possible up to 2pm on the day with a £7.50 cash entry fee.
Further details are on the Thames website including a map and directions.